Our goal is to bring together a team of talented people to design and build a dynamic, sustainable and cost effective home for our family.
Early in the process, we learned that many of the green systems and processes we had read about would not be affordable for this project – we would need to compromise and make choices.
Through a process of Collaboration with our design-build firm, landscape designer, geothermal provider and various trades, we have found creative and cost effective solutions for a home that achieves a dynamic design with comprehensive sustainability.
- Visually appealing and with an appropriate scale for the neighborhood
- Indoor and outdoor spaces connected to take advantage of our Denver climate
- All indoor spaces small, yet highly functional
- Intimate spaces with the ability to accommodate larger groups
- Lots of natural light
- Ability to grow vegetables indoors
- Workshop area to recycle and rehabilitate furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Highly efficient building envelope
- Active and passive solar design
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Sustainable materials
- Onsite food production
- Onsite composting
- Onsite rainwater diversion infiltration
- Shopping and amenities within a short distance
- Energy efficient systems which provide a 7-year (or less) payback for the cost over a conventional system
- Initial cost of investment comparable to a conventional custom home